Top Ten Reasons Why It’s Fall In Upstate New York
1. The leaves have begun to turn.
2. 46 degrees this morning
3. Highs in the 50′s today
4. Won’t get into the 70′s this week
5. Just had the fireplaces serviced last week and have used the Gathering Room fireplace twice already at breakfast
6. Furnaces are being serviced beginning of October but I may have to turn them on before I see Barry
7. I’m thinking about changing out my summer clothes for my winter clothes
8. It’s the end of September already
9. Bristol Mountain Chair Lift rides have begun and are on the weekends through the end of October
10. As soon as I see Cortland apples at Wegmans I’ll be starting my baked apples for breakfast
11. Did I mention the leaves were turning?
October is filling up fast and availability on the weekends is very limited. We have one room, the Bristol Suite available the weekend of October 19th and the Barn Suite is available the weekend of October 26th. We still have a few options for weekdays, but those fill up quickly too.
Before we know it, it will be snowing and time for skiing. But, I’m not going there yet. Happy Fall.