Naples is a quaint town on the South end of Canandaigua Lake, just a 15 minute drive from the 1795 Acorn Inn and a town one would pass through to get to the Keuka Lake Wine Trail. Though small, there’s plenty to do in Naples…
1. Tour the Wineries… one of my favorites, Inspire Moore. The wines are great and I love their concept. The wines are called Love, Joy, Peace, Serendipity… Who wouldn’t want Moore? And don’t forget to try their Framboise, if they have it. It’s a dessert wine made from raspberries. To die for with chocolate. They have life music outside. Check out their event schedule. And a great restaurant, Roots Cafe, is located right in front of the winery.
2. Grab your camera. The photo opportunities are plentiful and free.
3. Sample grape pie.
4. Enjoy an evening of live theater at the Bristol Valley Theater.
5. Explore nature and relax (after a strenuous hike) to the soothing sound of waterfalls at Conklin Gulley or Grimes Glen. We have great resources at the Inn on Hiking, Biking, Waterfalls, Kayaking and Snow Trails.
6. Fish streams or the lake; even ice fishing in the winter. Brrr.
8. Escape for a romantic sunset.
9. Bring you bike or walking shoes and experience the natural beauty of the countryside.
10. Marvel at the talent and creativity of the area’s art community. One of my favorite art galleries is Artizanns. There’s something for everyone and you don’t want to miss it.
There you have it. Enjoy.